Volunteer at Family Camp
Our volunteers love Family Camp. After all, there’s no age limit on silliness, laughter, or needing a break from the real world.
At Roundup River Ranch, families are supported with love and empathy as they relish this unique chance to escape the stress of their child’s medical condition and connect with others who are on a similar journey. This camp offers an opportunity for volunteers to interact not only with our campers, but with their parents and siblings. By the end of camp, everyone feels like one big family.
Our Family Camp is modeled after all the fun and joy of our Summer Camp program. Family Camp sessions are full of laughter, rest and rejuvenation – giving families time to focus on the joy of being together, creating cherished memories.
Volunteer positions at Family Camp include:
- Description: Volunteers in this role have the most interaction with our campers. They provide care and guidance for campers and their families throughout their days at camp by supporting them and cheering for them in activities including program areas, special events and meal times. Family Camp Cabin Volunteers will live in staff housing during their time at camp.
- Time Commitment: Volunteers must commit to a full session.
- Description: We pride ourselves on accommodating all of our camper’s dietary restrictions. Be a part of the team that allows our campers to be happy and excited for each and every meal. Volunteers in this role helps with food prep, dishwashing, assists head chefs with cooking, Dining hall set up/tear down/cleaning, and kitchen and food storage area organization. All kitchen volunteers must have their Hepatitis A vaccination.
- Time Commitment: Volunteers can commit as day volunteers or full session volunteers.
- Description: Photography Volunteers in this role support capturing the magic that happens at camp. Volunteers in this role get the opportunity to observe many aspects of camp as they travel throughout camp. Photography experience is preferred.
- Time Commitment: A full-session commitment is preferred, but not required. Speak to the Volunteer Team for details.
- Description: Experience the opportunity to provide programs which give our campers the opportunity to try new things, push beyond their comfort zone and cheer on their fellow campers. Volunteers in this role will oversee program areas such as: Equestrian, Archery, Fishing, Boating, Challenge Course, Zip-line Dismount, Art and special activities. Certifications, specialized training and/or experience are needed. Please inquire during the interview.
- Time Commitment: A full-session commitment is preferred.
Interested in joining our volunteer team?
Please click here to learn more about applying to volunteer or call 970.524.CAMP(2267) with questions.
Straight from the heart.
Thinking about volunteering at Family Camp? The best way to learn more is to hear from the people who have been here. Watch a video right here.