Apply to Volunteer
Join us as a volunteer in 2024!
Volunteers are needed year-round to support Service Projects and Camp Sessions.
Embrace joy as a volunteer with us! Together, let’s celebrate, give, share, discover, and EMBRACE JOY! Amidst the laughter and silliness, our volunteer opportunities create transformative experiences for campers – where anxiety fades, worries lessen, confidence soars, and pure joy takes center stage. Come be a part of this incredible journey of spreading joy.
Camp Session Volunteers
Roundup River Ranch will no longer be requiring the COVID vaccine for all campers, families, staff, or volunteers. Because of the population of children we serve, we still strongly and highly recommend the COVID vaccine to protect yourself and our campers. Learn more.
Onsite Camp Session Volunteers support Roundup River Ranch camp programs in person at our camp location in Gypsum, Colorado. All camp programs provide intentional programming to support our campers’ social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment. Camp Session Volunteers will directly support our campers in various positions. Click here to apply — view below our essential positions that make camp the extra special place it is!
Year-round Opportunity: Camp Online Volunteers lead Roundup River Ranch campers through intentional programming to support our campers’ social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment online. If needed, supplies and instructions are provided to campers and volunteers. Camp Online includes monthly Camp Club. View the list of program descriptions here.
If you are interested in volunteering onsite during a Summer Camp or Family Camp – OR volunteering online during a Camp Online program, please complete a Volunteer Application through the link below. A member of our Volunteer Team will be in touch with you once we receive your completed application.
Service Project Volunteers support our mission through various service projects throughout the year. Although this volunteer opportunity does not work directly with our campers, you will support mission-centric projects specifically designed for you or your groups based on our operational needs at the time. Service projects are available to ages 10 and older for individuals and groups. Age limits vary depending on the project; those under 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult. If you are interested in Service Project Volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The volunteer application and requirements are not required for service project volunteers.
- Examples of Service Projects:
- Camp Turnover – clean and sanitize camp to get us ready to welcome our next group of campers! Groups of 8-12 people are ideal for this project.
- Packing Joy Volunteer – for Camp Online and Joy, Delivered programs. An opportunity for individuals or groups to pack fun supplies for campers participating in our Outreach Programs. This option is available at our camp location and in Denver.
- Program Projects – various projects to support our Programs Team.
- Facilities and landscaping
Do you have a special skill in the arts, trades, or others? Let us know!
- Must be 19 years of age or older for most roles
- Day Volunteer (no housing) positions are open to those 16-18 years old
- Complete the Volunteer application
- Three references
- New Volunteer interview or Returning Volunteer check-in
Once selected, Volunteers will receive access to their CampSite Staff Dashboard to complete the volunteer requirements. Returning Volunteers must update their records yearly. The Volunteer Contract is contingent upon the full completion of the following:
All Camp Session Volunteers:
- Background Checks (including fingerprinting every 5 years)
- Agreements and Policies
- Full attendance and completion of Volunteer Orientation (occurs day before session begins)
Additional requirements for onsite camps and programs:
- Health History Form
- TB Questionnaire
- Immunization record documentation of the following:
- Varicella or date of chicken pox illness
- Hepatitis B or Waiver
- Hepatitis A (recommended for all and required for Kitchen Volunteers)
- 2023-2024 Flu Vaccination
- applicants during the interview process.
Did you read through qualifications and requirements for Camp Session Volunteering? Then you are ready to apply!
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Admissions Team at Volunteer@RoundupRiverRanch.org.
“Camp Online exceeded my expectations completely. I think that I went into it thinking it would feel just like a video call and I left it realizing what RRR has created is truly something magical that mirrors what an actual on-site camp experience would be… you can break into cabins, have side chats, do activities, and dance together.” – 2020 Online Cabin Leader