Apply to Volunteer
Join us as a volunteer in 2023!
Volunteers are needed year-round to support Service Projects and Camp Sessions.
As we head into a fresh new camp year, we are so excited to plan for campers to be together again at camp in our beautiful mountain “happy place.” And, we are equally thrilled to keep bringing even more campers together via Camp Online and Joy, Delivered. Plus, we look forward to extra helpings of camp-tastic togetherness with Camper Reunions in-person and virtually, volunteers reconnecting, and our whole community coming together like never before. We are looking for role models to support our campers to connect with other awesome kids on a similar life journey!
Service Project Volunteering
- Service Project Volunteers support our mission through various service projects throughout the year. Although this volunteer opportunity does not work directly with our campers, you will support mission-centric projects specifically designed for you or your groups based on our operational needs at the time. Service projects are available to ages 10 and older for individuals and groups. Age limits vary depending on the project; those under 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult. If you are interested in Service Project Volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com. The volunteer application and requirements are not required for service project volunteers.
- Examples of Service Projects:
- Camp Turnover – clean and sanitize camp to get us ready to welcome our next group of campers! Groups of 8-12 people are ideal for this project.
- Building Boxes for Camp Online and Joy Delivered! – an opportunity for individuals or groups to package fun supplies to be shipped to our Outreach Camp participants. This option is available at our camp location and in Denver.
- Program Projects – various projects to support our Programs team.
- Facilities and landscaping
Do you have a special skill in the arts, trades, or others? Let us know!
Camp Session Volunteering
- Onsite Camp Session Volunteers support Roundup River Ranch camp programs in person at our camp location in Gypsum, Colorado. All camp programs provide intentional programming to support our campers’ social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment. Camp Session Volunteers will directly support our campers in various positions:
- Medical Team (MD, DO, NP, RN, BSN, RT, and more)
- Camp Counselor
- Family Guide
- Program Leaders
- Kitchen and Housekeeping
- Medical Desk Attendant
- And so much more!
- Camp Online Volunteers lead Roundup River Ranch campers through intentional programming to support our campers’ social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment online. If needed, supplies and instructions are provided to campers and volunteers. Camp Online includes Clubs, Summer Camp, Family Programming, and more. View the list of program descriptions here.
If you are interested in volunteering during an Onsite or Online Camp Session, please complete a Volunteer Application through the link below. A member of our Volunteer Team will be in touch with you once we receive your completed application.
- Must be 19 years of age or older for most roles
- Day Volunteer (no housing) positions are open to those 16-18 years old
- Complete the Volunteer application
- Three references
- New Volunteer interview or Returning Volunteer check-in
Once selected, Volunteers will receive access to their CampSite Staff Dashboard to complete the volunteer requirements. Returning Volunteers must update their records yearly. The Volunteer Contract is contingent upon the full completion of the following:
All Camp Session Volunteers:
- Background Checks (including fingerprinting every 5 years)
- Agreements and Policies
- Full attendance and completion of Volunteer Orientation
Additional requirements for onsite camps and programs:
- Health History Form
- TB/PPD Skin Test completed within 12 months of first camp session
- Immunization record documentation of the following:
- Varicella or date of chicken pox illness
- Hepatitis B or Waiver
- Hepatitis A (recommended for all and required for Kitchen Volunteers)
- 2021-22 Flu Vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 testing requirements and operational protocol will be shared with all onsite volunteer applicants during the interview process.
Did you read through qualifications and requirements for Camp Session Volunteering? Then you are ready to apply!
We have developed a robust 2022 FAQs document regarding onsite, in-person programs, so you know what to expect. Read our full 2022 FAQs for Camper Families, Volunteers, and Seasonal Staff below. 2023 information is coming soon.
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Admissions Team at Volunteer@RoundupRiverRanch.org.
“Camp Online exceeded my expectations completely. I think that I went into it thinking it would feel just like a video call and I left it realizing what RRR has created is truly something magical that mirrors what an actual on-site camp experience would be… you can break into cabins, have side chats, do activities, and dance together.” – 2020 Online Cabin Leader