Apply to Volunteer
Join us as a volunteer in 2022!
Applications are currently being accepted for fall 2022.
As we head into a fresh new camp year, we are so excited to plan for campers to be together again at camp in our beautiful mountain “happy place.” And, we are equally thrilled to keep bringing even more campers together via Camp Online and Joy, Delivered. Plus, we look forward to extra helpings of camp-tastic togetherness with Camper Reunions in-person and virtually, volunteers reconnecting, and our whole community coming together like never before. We are looking for role models to support our campers to connect with other awesome kids on a similar life journey!
- Service Project Volunteers support us through various service projects throughout the year. Although this volunteer opportunity does not work directly with our campers, you will support mission-centric projects specifically designed for you or your groups and our operational needs at the time. Service projects are available to ages 10 and older for individuals and groups (age allowance may vary depending on the project; those under 18 must be accompanied by a supervising adult). If you are interested in Service Project Volunteering, please contact us at email@example.com. The volunteer application is not required for service project volunteers.
- Camp Session Volunteers support Roundup River Ranch camp programs on-site at our camp location in Gypsum, Colorado or with our Outreach Programs at Camp Online. Camp Session Volunteers will directly support our campers in various positions, including Medical Team (MD, DO, NP, RN, BSN, RT, and more), Cabin Leader, Program Leader, Residential Life Assistant, and more. All camp programs provide intentional programming to support our campers social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment. If you are interested in volunteering during a camp session, please complete a Volunteer Application through the link below. We will be in touch with you once we receive your completed application.
- Online Camp Volunteers support Roundup River Ranch campers weekly for month clubs. Each month has a different theme and materials that are mailed to you! All camp programs provide intentional programming to support our campers social-emotional and physical health in a safe and joyful environment online. If you are interested in volunteering for a camp club, please complete a Volunteer Application through the link below. We will be in touch with you once we receive your completed application.
Camp Session Volunteer Qualifications:
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Complete the Volunteer application
- Three references
- New Volunteer interview or Returning Volunteer check-in
Camp Session Volunteer Requirements:
Once selected, Volunteers will receive access to their CampSite Staff Dashboard to complete the volunteer requirements. Returning Volunteers must update their records yearly. The Volunteer Contract is contingent upon the full completion of the following:
All Camp Session Volunteers:
- Background Checks
- Agreements and Policies – sign off and acknowledge our policies and agreements
- Full attendance and completion of Volunteer Orientation
Additional requirements for on-site camps and programs:
- Health History Form
- TB/PPD Skin Test completed within 12 months of first camp session
- Immunization record documentation of the following:
- Varicella or date of chicken pox illness
- Hepatitis B or Waiver
- Hepatitis A (recommended for all and required for Kitchen Volunteers)
- 2021-22 Flu Vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 testing requirements and operational protocol will shared with all on-site volunteer applicants during the interview process.
We have developed a robust 2022 FAQs document regarding onsite, in-person programs, so you know what to expect. Read our full 2022 FAQs for Camper Families, Volunteers, and Seasonal Staff below.
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Team at Volunteer@RoundupRiverRanch.org.
“Camp Online exceeded my expectations completely. I think that I went into it thinking it would feel just like a video call and I left it realizing what RRR has created is truly something magical that mirrors what an actual on-site camp experience would be… you can break into cabins, have side chats, do activities, and dance together.” – 2020 Online Cabin Leader