Work seems less like “work” when you’re helping to give kids a life-changing experience.
We aren’t just a great place to have fun we’re an awesome place to get important work accomplished and have a rewarding career. Roundup River Ranch employs a diverse, talented, and enthusiastic team of individuals in a dynamic work environment. We are all passionate about our mission and collaborative in our approach to making it come alive. Please check back often to learn about new, upcoming and exciting career opportunities!
More than a place to work.
Roundup River Ranch is more than just a place to work – you’ll be based in the heart of our spectacular camp setting where you’ll have a front row seat to watch the fun and magic of camp, from the comfort of our modern and spacious onsite offices. Campers are #1 at Roundup River Ranch and we know that without our team of valued staff, we can’t deliver our important mission.
Roundup River Ranch, located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and nestled in a canyon along the Colorado River just 50 minutes west of Vail, offers a generous benefits package, available to full-time year-round employees, which includes the following:
- Competitive pay with paid time off, paid public holidays, and flexible work schedules and the option to include remote working as work allows.
- Roundup River Ranch currently offers 100% subsidized employee health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and partially subsidized family coverage.
- Our current plan includes the option of a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account.
- A 403(b) retirement plan and enjoy up to a 3% match paid directly into your account.
- At Roundup River Ranch encourage and prioritize wellness for all of our employees both at work and home. We support staff with free annual premium access to “Calm – the #1 app for meditation and sleep.” Full-time, year-round employees also have access to a $1,000 wellness benefit to help cover the costs supporting an active lifestyle.
- Fully subsidized life insurance, short term/long term disability coverage and access to an Employee Assistance Plan.
Current Full-Time Openings
Nursing Director (click to apply)
The Nursing Director at Roundup River Ranch is primarily an administrative position with responsibility for developing medical policies and procedures and reviewing Camper applications. The successful candidate will be a fully licensed RN or NP with recent pediatric or family medicine experience and will fulfill a general clinical practice role in our medical center throughout summer and fall camp sessions. The summer schedule requires 6 days per session working on site, along with the ability to provide residential overnight and on-call coverage when needed.
This unique position requires a full-time commitment from April through July each year, with the flexibility to design a customized schedule from August through March. A minimum of 120 hours of active clinical practice are required each year. This position is ideally suited for a candidate who wishes to maintain a clinical practice role locally or in Denver or within a reasonable commuting distance of our Camp in Gypsum, CO.
Outreach Director (click to apply)
The Outreach Director will further the mission of Roundup River Ranch through the strategic development and management of intentional outreach programming strategy. This position works in collaboration with the Director of Operations, Camp Director and Development team to maximize resources and cultivate strategic partnerships to expand our high quality, outcome-based programming.
Administrative Assistant (click to apply)
Based at our Camp on the Colorado River Road, work directly with volunteers to make sure that applications are complete and that volunteers are scheduled and ready to join our amazing on-site and on-line programs.
Camp is where the magic happens and this detail-oriented, administrative role is an essential part of connecting volunteers directly with Camp.
Fluency in Spanish is beneficial
2023 Seasonal Staff
Join the 2023 Seasonal Staff Team starting employment in May 2023 and help Roundup River Ranch bring the magic of Camp to life. We offer a variety of residential and non-residential positions and competitive pay for all! Follow the link below to learn more about individual positions, view job descriptions, and to submit your online application. Don’t delay – positions fill fast!
We are currently hiring for the following 2023 Camp Season positions:
- Boys Cabin Camp Counselors – seeking qualified camp counselors for residential male cabins
- Summer Camp Administrative Assistant
- Facilities Assistant
- Line Cook
If you are an RN and are interested in working on our Medical Team as a Summer Staff Nurse or as our Clinical Nurse Manager, please reach out to Katie Hannigan, Nursing Director at KHannigan@roundupriverranch.org for more information and how to apply!
We also have all kinds of fantastic volunteer opportunities. It’s a great way to get to know more about us and make a huge difference for our campers at the same time. Please click here to learn more about available volunteer opportunities.